💚 come and create the future of tech publishing with us!
Hacker Noon is a community-led technology magazine. We publish stories about the internet industry and its culture, startup stories, interviews, coding tutorials, programming resources, decentralization debates, and life advice — from 12,000+ global contributors.
We don't believe in paywalls, abusing personal data, or invasive pop-up ads. Yet: we've doubled revenue three years running. Keen to join the team and help us fight to #fix-the-internet? You've come to the the right place. 👇
🌍 join a dope team: distributed across multiple timezones; represented on (almost) every continent
We don't care who you are, where you're from, what you did, as long as you love the internet. See no suitable vacancy below? Pitch us your dream role.
🎱 choose-your-own-adventure™️ — what do you want to learn today? where do you want to take your career tomorrow?
Hacker Noon's work philosophy, day-in-and-day-out, prizes autonomy above all else. Be creative, work on what you're good at, make it matter.
🔮 our vision for the future: a better internet for all!
The internet was invented to democratize access to information and to each other, not to paywall good ideas and discussion. We're working hard to prove alternative sustainability models for online publishing, and we'd love to have YOUR expertise on the team.
🍏 current vacancies at Hacker Noon
ABH (Always Be Hiring): don't be afraid to reach out! The job you want might not be listed below, but that doesn't mean you can't put yourself out there. You never know what might happen... ✨
📗 Two Real Humans on Working with Hacker Noon during the Annus Horribilis
The year 2020, began with a dire forecast and business was a bit on the slower side during Q1. However, we tried out new collaterals and mediums (Ad by tags and Learn tab) that also brought us new learnings. All in all, I kinda feel smug saying that 2020 was a good year for us and for me. We nailed resilience, focus, and teamwork.
Thank you for the regular reminders to take care of ourselves, and normalizing taking a mental health day now and again — Hacker Noon was truly an island of happiness and relaxation in 2020's sea of shit and stress. Oh, and THANK YOU for my new Yeti mic, my new AirPods, and for helping me out with my Macbook. (!) 🤗
And since you're here... 🥳Happy 2021 from the team! (In various languages — with varying levels of success! 🤣)
🥬 more fun facets of life at Hacker Noon:
- Pandemic-Proof: During the year Covid-19 took hold, most of our employees got a generous raise. We also tripled ad revenue for the third year running, and doubled the size of our Editorial Team.
- Lean: We have never had more than 20 people and aspire to always remain that way. Our ideal model is that of Craigslist, a company worth over $1 billion with just 50 employees 😉
- Challenging (in a positive, non-exhausting way): Since we are such a small team, every single member is an high-level contributor to the business. You'll have all the freedom to create your own initiatives and be your own boss 😎
- Remote-First: We practically invented WFH ✌️ Since we've been fully remote from day 1, our culture is geared towards it. Things you won't find here include suspicion, guilt trips, or admin-intensive hourly tracking reports.
- Fun (no but really.): We strongly value work-life balance, and encourage all employees to take breaks often. We also have an unlimited vacation policy. 🏖️
- Creativity and Commitment: We try to our best to live up to two principles. 1: Your mindset fingerprints every interaction your work will have with the world; and 2: When you really commit to your words, you command respect.
- Diverse: Especially compared to industry standard — and by default so — Hacker Noon is currently:
- Colorado, & the World Wide Web: Our HQ is in rural Colorado. Our people, contributors, readers, and brand partners are worldwide.
♀️ 40% Female
🌏 30% African; 30% Asian; 5% Indian; 5% Canadian; 30% N. American
APPLY to join the team at Hacker Noon today! We're really looking forward to your application, probably. ✌️
This Page Was Last Updated: February 22, 2021