What we are looking for
Hacker Noon is looking for a Sales Representative to scale up our growing Sponsor team. As the team is on track to double revenue 5 years in a row with a historically and intentionally lean team, we are looking to add 01 elite, scrappy, hustling sales-person-at-heart who can keep up with the growing inbound demand from our valued brands.
We are open to training someone with less experience, but we also expect YOU to be more of a do-er than being just an idea person. Ideally, you are someone who's passionate about tech with all its flaws and beauties. You are also someone who is a compassionate listener and has the empathy and ability to build long-term relationships with customers. With intuition and experience, you can identify customers' pain points and solve their problems with our multiple offerings. Like any other positions at HackerNoon, priorities will be given to candidates with excellent writing and communication skills.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Your main responsibility is to sell some of our standard offerings to Hacker Noon's target customers. You will be finding and reaching out to potential leads (that you help organize) with provided (and eventually your own) pitches to onboard them.
- Performance will ultimately be judged by number of meetings taken and percentage of deals closed
- You will need to self-organize, self-motivate, and be a nice human being to your colleagues.
- Our main Sales Manager is based in Asia and often take meetings during Asia hours - so we are looking to someone who is ideally available in Europe or North America timezone.
- Through a process of trial and error, document perfect pitch for each offerings, depending on types of clients and the problems they are trying to solve
- Beyond sales, you should also be able to explain the publishing process and HackerNoon value prop like the back of your hand.
- You need to be agile and experienced with G-suite, Slack, Notion, and other remote-first tools. Though these things change fast around here — don't say you weren't warned.
- Our team is (and will always be) working remotely. Communication is key everywhere, especially in the remote environment. Everything else you need to know, we'll teach you.
Every single Hacker Noon team member started out as a part-time contractor first, including the CEO. After a mutually agreed upon trial period and compensation amount, there will be an evaluation between you and Hacker Noon to find the best fit: full-time, part-time, or no time.
Hacker Noon is built for technologists to read, write, and publish. We are an open and international community of 15k+ contributing writers publishing stories and expertise for 3M+ curious and insightful monthly readers. Learn more at about.hackernoon.com.
How to Apply
Please fill out this form, which ask for this information:
- Your CV
- URLs of your Linkedin, personal site, or any showcase of your work on the interwebs
- Why you are a fit for this job
- How you know about this job
If you don't hear back from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful and try again, but better.