Apply here: https://hackernoon-internship.paperform.co/
Looking for regular Job Postings instead? 👉 Visit careers.hackernoon.com!
👾 About Us
HackerNoon is built for technologists to read, write, learn, and publish. We are an open and international community of 15k+ contributing writers publishing stories and expertise for 3M+ curious and insightful monthly readers. We also build quality publishing software, like the content management system that powers HackerNoon.com.
Learn more @ about.hackernoon.com.
🚀 The HackerShip
HackerNoon lives and breathes the intersection of traditional journalism, social media, and technology.
Unlike traditional journalism, everybody can get published on HackerNoon and has their voice heard - they don't need to have "journalist" or "writer" as part of their job title. But unlike social media, there's rigorous editorial review for every single story published on HackerNoon, ensuring high quality and establishing trust among readers.
Ready to elevate your Early Tech Career?
The HackerShip: HackerNoon Internship Program is a 3-to-6-month virtual experience, open to anyone who is willing to gain direct exposure to the day-to-day work at a high-growing, remote-first tech startup. From software engineering, editorial, marketing, operations, finance, and accounting, we welcome students and young professionals from all backgrounds with various professional interests to apply.
- At least 18+ and wanting to learn about the how the internet works.
- Genuine interest in the technology industry.
- A self-starter with innate curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Ability to write. Words are powerful, and we think people who can write, go far.
- Experience with editorial is encouraged, but not compulsory.
- Completion of the full internship program as committed, via a HackerShip Pledge
🌟 The Perks of Being a HackerNoon Intern
- Mentorship opportunities.
- Learn how an internet business serves millions of users per month and makes millions in annual revenue.
- Modest monthly stipend (payable in crypto and/or fiat).
- Time and schedule flexibility (since we are a #remote-first company).
- If in school, we can work with your university to earn college credits.
- Access to leadership team.
- Opportunities to extend to a part-time or full-time position.
- A Digital Certificate upon completion of the internship.
- HackerShip NFT ✌️.
@ Amy Tom, Senior Editor and Podcast Manager at HackerNoon.
🗝️ How to Apply?
Fill out this form to apply! Below is the TL;DR of the form:
- Your Personal Information.
- Your Resume/CV.
- A little bit about you and your understanding of HackerNoon so that we can learn more about you and your goals.
🧭 How Does It Work?
- The HackerNoon team will review your application and if you're a good fit, we will contact you for interviews and next steps.
- We will pair you with a mentor who needs your help with their daily work. With this apprenticeship model, not only will you gain first-hand experience and sneak peek of the day-to-day of people of HackerNoon, you will also provide the company and our people with practical and much-needed help right away! The mentor will be a member of the team of your interests, based on your application.
- All interns are required to write and publish at least 1 HackerNoon story per month, along with editing and help publishing at least 2 stories per week, regardless of which team they are in.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for next steps. If you don't hear back from us within 3-4 weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. No worries, we will still keep your resume on file in case any vacant positions are open. OR, you can try again, but better.