What we're looking for
HackerNoon is looking for an amazing product designer who enjoys collaborating with business development and software engineering. We publish technology stories and build publishing software. Our flagship product is the content management system that powers HackerNoon.
- Design pages, functions and iterations to improve the writing, reading, editing, and partner experiences on HackerNoon.
- Become the Figma master, passing off designs that make it easy for developers to build.
- Lead by example. Explore your ideas and steer your team in a direction that you think will be beneficial to the company and move the needles on our core metrics, i.e.
words published, and
revenue made. At the same time, listen and empathize with teammates and users. Strike a balance between explore and exploit, create and maintain, and always iterate.
- Familiarize with our Tech Stack, including HackerNoon, NextJS, SlateJS, Firebase, Vercel, SendGrid, MetaMask, Algolia, Coil, Vue, ExpressJS, MomentJS, Node, NodeJS to comprehend our overall codebase. Some important internal tools: Slack, Notion, GitHub, Trello, Figma, Google Docs.
- A passion for blogging.
Every single HackerNoon team member started out as a part time contractor first, including the CEO. We are skin of our teeth profitable. You will be assigned a part time project based on your skill, interest, and commitment level. After a mutually agreed upon trial period and compensation amount, there will be an evaluation between you and Hacker Noon to find the best fit: full time, part-time, or no time.
HackerNoon is built for technologists to read, write, and publish. We are an open and international community of 30k+ contributing writers publishing stories and expertise for millions of curious and insightful monthly readers. Learn more at about.hackernoon.com
How to Apply
Please fill out this form, which ask for these information:
- Your CV
- URLs of your Linkedin, personal site, or any showcase of your work on the interwebs
- Why you are a fit for this job
- How you know about this job
Sometimes we get behind, but we aspire to be in touch with all candidates within two week’s time.