What we're looking for
But seriously though,
Hacker Noon is looking for a Software Development Editor to manage the daily volume submissions under the categories Software Development, Programming, Coding and the likes. We got submissions from all corners of the internet to our custom CMS.
In this role, your primary objective is to improve articles for publication on hackernoon.com. You will use your extensive knowledge of Software Development to fact check, plagiarism spot, correct bad links/shit grammar/poor formatting, add rad feature images, memes or videos as well as do anything in your power to make a story better.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- You will read a lot of programming-related stories. You need to be interested, able, and willing to read, reject or edit and improve 10-15 story submissions, on a daily basis.
"Attention to detail is your ability to efficiently allocate your cognitive resources to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks, no matter how small or large. Attention to detail skills allows you to improve your workplace productivity, efficiency and performance."
— stolen from somewhere on the internet
- You will need to to self-organize, self-motivate, and be a nice human being to your colleagues.
- Our writers want to get published ASAP. Your help will make our writers happy.
- Tech stories include a lot of code, memes, technical code, lists, difficult terms to digest. Our goal is simple: each story should have a great-looking "layout", that helps you to read the full story. Content + Formatting + Good Layout makes a story that everybody wants to read.
- You need to be agile and experienced with Google Chrome and Gsuite. Though these things change fast around here — don't say you weren't warned. (Current obsession: Notion 😻)
- Our team is (and will always be) working remotely. Communication is key everywhere, especially in the remote environment. Everything else you need to know, we'll teach you.
Every single Hacker Noon team member started out as a part-time contractor first, including the CEO. You will be assigned a part-time project based on your skill, interest, and commitment level. After a mutually agreed upon trial period and compensation amount, there will be an evaluation between you and Hacker Noon to find the best fit: full-time, part-time, or no time.
Hacker Noon is built for technologists to read, write, and publish. We are an open and international community of 15k+ contributing writers publishing stories and expertise for 3M+ curious and insightful monthly readers. Learn more at about.hackernoon.com
How to Apply
Please fill out this form, which asks for this information:
- Your CV
- URLs of your Linkedin, personal site, or any showcase of your work on the interwebs
- Why you are a fit for this job
- How you know about this job
If you don't hear back from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful and try again, but better.