What we are looking for
Hacker Noon is looking for (0)2 Sales and Business Development Representatives to scale up our Sponsor Team.
In this role, your primary objective is to alleviate the workload of our Sales team (comprising of VP Utsav Jaiswal, Hang Ngo, and occasionally COO Linh Dao Smooke and CEO David Smooke): be it leads gathering and organization, pitches prep, meetings with potential clients and customers, or closing deals.
The perfect candidate is someone who is detailed-oriented, affable, and eager to learn. We are open to training someone with less Sales experience, but we also expect the Junior Sales person to be more of a do-er than a purely idea person. Ideally, you are someone who's passionate about tech and all its flaws & beauties.
Responsibilities and Requirements
Your main responsibility is to sell some of our standard offerings to Hacker Noon's target customers.
You will be reaching out to potential leads (that you help organize) with provided (and eventually your own) pitches to onboard them.
You'll be starting out with these nice and well-defined inventories:
- Brand As An Author - These are purchasable credits that enable Brands (sample #1 and sample #2) to write under their own name. Credit pricing details here. Interview questions shall include - designing a user persona and designing an outreach pitch sequence. Think of topics such as - - why would a Brand want to pay to get published when HackerNoon allows them to publish FREE as individuals.
- Thematic Newsletters - HackerNoon sends out newsletters out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. These newsletters are written by our editors to align with the customers' industry as the focal point. Here's the current pitch - HackerNoon's thematic newsletters target 2 parts of your sales funnel with every send - It educates the audience about your industry while advertising your product/service. Sample newsletters here and here. Interview questions shall expect you to provide improvements to the above pitch, or, scrap it and provide a better one.
- Podcast Advertisements - HackerNoon does a midroll AD on its podcasts. Each episode gets about 10k+ listens across all our podcast channels. Interview questions shall expect you to identify tech Brands that advertise on podcasts (some competitor analysis skills shall be much appreciated), identify USPs of the HackerNoon podcast, and create an original pitch. HackerNoon's podcast for reference - Main Page | Youtube | On Hacker Noon
Every single Hacker Noon team member started out as a part-time contractor first, including the CEO. After a mutually agreed upon trial period and compensation amount, there will be an evaluation between you and Hacker Noon to find the best fit: full-time, part-time, or no time.
Hacker Noon is built for technologists to read, write, and publish. We are an open and international community of 15k+ contributing writers publishing stories and expertise for 3M+ curious and insightful monthly readers. Learn more at about.hackernoon.com
How to Apply
Please fill out this form, which ask for these information:
- Your CV
- URLs of your Linkedin, personal site, or any showcase of your work on the interwebs
- Why you are a fit for this job
- How you know about this job
If you don't hear back from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful and try again, but better.